Welcome to Mortenson's Windy City office! Chicago is Mortenson's largest geographic market and 'home' to over 130 talented team members. Our city is rich in tradition with limitless cultural and social activities... the city that never sleeps! Great people building great projects have earned us a prominent spot among the top builders in Illinois. We have been recognized seven times as "One of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For " as well as a "Best Place to Work " in Illinois.
We are steadfast in our commitment to our customers in three core markets: Healthcare, Higher Education and Municipal. These markets have served us well, allowing us to shape many of the communities our team members call home. Whether it's the new library in Addison, the hospital addition in Peoria, the Police Station renovation in Shorewood or the new Union in Valparaiso, we approach each project with a promise to our customers and a commitment to delivering success.
Vice President, General Manager
Greg is the vice president and general manager of Mortenson’s Chicago office and is responsible for overall strategy development and direction of all facets of the group, including relationship management, preconstruction, construction and business development activities, as well as P&L responsibilities. Greg is a member of the Contractor’s Business Development Associations and serves on the Building Industry Conference Board. He is also the author of several articles about healthcare construction.
The many projects Greg has been involved with include the Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka, IN; Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago; the University of Chicago - Comer Children's Hospital in Chicago, IL; and the Trinity at Terrace Park Replacement Hospital in Bettendorf, IA.
Vice President of Group Operations
Steve’s responsibilities include oversight and management of all project operations such as preconstruction and construction activities, estimating, scheduling, and subcontractor relationships. He is a member of the America Public Works Association (APWA) and the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE).
Director of Project Development
Andy is responsible for new business strategy and new project acquisition and has helped lead Mortenson’s effort in the development of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and Building Information Modeling (BIM). He has presented on BIM and Integrated Project Delivery at numerous conferences, actively participates in promoting progress and education in the area of virtual design & construction and sustainable construction within Mortenson, and has published articles in the topics of sustainability and VDC.
Andy also served as senior MEP engineer for Mortenson on projects such as Ann & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California, and Seagate Technology Wafer Fabrication Facility in Derry, Northern Ireland.
- Addison Public Library Addison, Illinois
- Allstate Insurance Data Center Rochelle, Illinois
- College of DuPage Campus Transformation Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Eisenhower Public Library Harwood Heights, Illinois
- Harold Washington Library Center Chicago, Illinois
- Kane County Adult Justice Facility St. Charles, Illinois
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Chicago, Illinois
- Children's Hospital of Illinois and OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Peoria, Illinois
- The Robert Allen Group Showroom Chicago, Illinois
- Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center Mishawaka, Indiana
- Shorewood Village Hall Shorewood, Illinois
- Silver Cross Replacement Hospital New Lenox, Illinois
- St. Alexius Medical Center Cath Lab Buildout Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- Valparaiso University Harre Union Valparaiso, Indiana
- Village of Oak Park Public Works Center Oak Park, Illinois