The B1G 10's Northwestern University Wildcats are building the next chapter in their legacy with the $110 million modernization of Welsh-Ryan Arena. Located within the McGaw Memorial Hall, the 65-year-old-structure is getting a top-to-bottom renovation that will transform the fan and student-athlete experience, provide maximum accessibility, and aid in recruiting for the University's basketball, volleyball, and wrestling programs.
- New chair-back seating
- New restrooms
- New concessions areas with additional point-of-sale stations to increase efficiency, along with new food and drink offerings
- State-of-the-art lighting, audio and video capabilities
- Expansion of high-revenue generating premium seating areas
- 50 percent bigger lobby
- A new ticket office
- New locker rooms for men's basketball, women's basketball and volleyball
- New offices for men's and women's basketball
- Wider, more accessible concourses
- Five new elevators replacing the existing single elevator
- Addition of accessible restrooms
The aggressive 18-month schedule means the Wildcats will only play one season at Allstate Arena. The project began in March 2017 and will be complete in time for the Fall 2018 season.