The Project Administration Building (PAB) was originally constructed in 1954 with significant expansions and modifications made in nearly every decade until the 1990s. Since being awarded the project in July 2012, the Mortenson - Corgan design-build team partnered with SRP to develop a longer-term and more cost-effective solution that would accommodate SRP's growth plans.
The project scope includes:
- Interior demolition and tenant improvement of a separate 120,000-square-foot building which will be used to provide swing space for PAB occupants
- Construction of a 800-stall, 4-level parking structure
- Construction of a 5-story 80,000-square-foot building expansion contiguous to the main building
- Renovation of a 307,000-square-foot existing building
- Demolition of a 26,000-square-foot, 2-story portion of the building
- Construction of a 40,000-square-foot, 3-story replacement expansion
- Replacement of all MEP and life safety systems, new kitchen and cafeteria, and complete reformat of interior circulation
- Construction of 2-bay vehicle maintenance facility on-site
- Construction of 3,000-square-foot remote storage building
- Major expansion of site central chilled water plant
- Other major site improvements to support the campus
The opportunity to work in a fully functional facility makes the focus on disruption avoidance and extensive communication the key to success. This customer is also very committed to reduction in energy and water usage through strategies being employed during the renovation process.
Luminary Award - SRP Supplier Diversity All-Star Awards, 2016
General Contractor Mentor of the Year - Associated Minority Contractors of America, 2016