The Pegula Ice Arena in University Park, PA is the new home of Penn State Varsity Hockey and is owned and operated by The Pennsylvania State University. Following years of planning, collaboration, and design, the team broke ground on February 13, 2012, and 19 months later, Terry and Kim Pegula’s vision became a reality as the building received substantial completion in September 2013.
The state-of-the art facility seats 6,000 spectators and features a 1,000-seat student section, a closed-concourse, two ice surfaces (a main rink and a community rink), an interactive history of Penn State Hockey, multiple premium spaces and a café, as well as cutting-edge media and broadcasting facilities. The fantastic sight lines, family-friendly atmosphere, and focus on the fan experience are guaranteed to impact the community for generations to come.
- Completed early and under budget
The Pegula Ice Arena was named the Best Sports & Entertainment Project of 2014 by ENR MidAtlantic.
- Zero punchlist items for the first event
- First season exceeded 35% projected revenue
- 16 sellout games during the first season
- One of five NCAA programs over 100% of seating capacity for the 2013 season