Project Accounting Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Accounting Intern to assist the Project Accounting team of our Minneapolis division in ownership of project profitability on large scale construction projects for the summer of 2022.
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have strong drive, attention to detail, and a passion for accounting? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? Learn from the best with a tremendous learning opportunity with our great team. Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- Assisting the Project Accountant with preparing backup to support monthly billings
- Assisting Project Accountant with developing monthly equipment spreadsheets
- Gaining a basic understanding of subcontracts and their payment applications and how they are entered and processed
- Exposure to AIA billing processes
- Gaining an understanding of different types of projects (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, GMP) and how each relates to project costs, forecasts and billings
- Learning about project contracts and what information is gained from them
- Supporting the Project Team with coding forms, check requests, subcontractor payments, miscellaneous administrative tasks, etc.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with an internship with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Have demonstrated tenacious analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 within major coursework
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a planned 12-week, in-person internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2022. The internship position is out of our Minneapolis headquarters office. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Proof of Vaccination:
Mortenson is a federal contractor covered by the President’s Executive Order regarding COVID Safety Protocols, which requires certain employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability is approved. In addition, many of Mortenson’s other customers have also implemented vaccination requirements to access their facilities and project sites. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your start date or have an approved accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability. Information about providing your vaccination record or requesting an accommodation will be sent to you via email upon offer acceptance.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.