BLU54 Product Manager - Lighting
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
The Lighting Product Manager is responsible for identifying and managing material supply strategies for large construction projects and managing vendor relationships for their assigned vendor accounts. This position is with BLU54, a distributor of construction materials, which is an affiliated entity of Mortenson.
What will you be doing?
Develop and manage the Lighting product line.
Understand Product needs:
- Engage BLU54 Account Managers and key stakeholders such as the project design team, to identify vendor and supplier needs consistent with construction project and material needs.
- Recommend and investigate the scope of the lighting product line by understanding project needs, typical specifications and requirements.
- Brings new products to projects by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment and other analyses, as needed.
- Assess market competition and pricing by thoroughly understanding the lighting industry including manufacturers & supply channels.
- Obtains product market share by working with Supply Chain Manager to develop product sales strategies.
- Meet with project design team as needed to understand the project needs and optimize light fixture selections.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with Account Managers and evaluating product results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
Manage Relationships with Key Suppliers
- Maintain relationship with suppliers at the Leadership level.
- Build new supplier relationships by educating them on our value adding business model.
- Work alongside Account Manager to establish regional or local market specific business delivery model.
- Negotiate national and project specific agreements, including pricing, payment terms & service levels.
- Ensure suppliers meet our expectations for order status reporting and issue resolution.
- Leverage relationship to assist buyers with expedites as needed.
- Monitor supplier’s quality and delivery performance.
- Conduct supplier business reviews.
Develop pricing strategies and quote individual project scopes:
- Assess each project opportunity for Lighting and develop value adding supply strategies with Account Managers, product line specialists and suppliers.
- Develop Lighting project proposals and manage submittal package in conjunction with product specialists and support resources.
- Manage all project material deliverables from design phase through delivery and project close out.
- Support monthly and annual financial reviews with project information, metrics, forecast and strategy.
- Ensure exceptional customer service during material delivery phase by expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns and other services as required.
- Coordinate with the financial team to coordinate proper customer billing and supplier payments.
Develop and maintain atmosphere for team and excellence:
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Actively manage and direct support resources to maximize service and sales potential for all product lines.
- Develop processes and reporting to provide timely order information to customers.
- Consistently provide responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
How will you succeed?
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing lighting supply strategies
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Construction Management, Business Management, Marketing or other related fields OR vocational or technical degree OR High School diploma with industry experience.
- Up to 30% travel
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer