BLUvera, Mortenson’s vertically integrated manufacturing and fabrication affiliate, utilizes advanced design, engineering, 3D modeling, and manufacturing to deliver a safer, faster, and more predictable experience to the built environment. By utilizing DfMA principles (design for manufacturing and assembly), BLUvera leverages technology in the manufacture and fabrication of off-site construction products- enabling our customers to realize the schedule and cost savings that the industrialized process creates. Our aim is to transform the way we build things, turning digital models into precision-specified building components, not just by being at the leading edge of industry disruption, but by creating it!
The Big Picture:
The Manufacturing Engineer is accountable for accomplishing all plant objectives in the areas of safety, quality, customer service, and cost through efficient and effective operations of the engineering group. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer or Engineering Manager and will assist in equipment maintenance, process, and product design. Therefore, the successful candidate will have a combination of previous hands-on and design roles.
- Contributes to the engineering process improvement of plant operations- including safety, quality, and environment.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves the manufacturing process; documents change.
- Develops and implements process control techniques and procedures into the process.
- Continually analyzes the manufacturing process flow for improvements in safety, quality, throughput, and cost.
- Collaborates with other plant staff regarding product tooling and design to ensure effective production methods.
- Designs and develops manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products that are consistent with a zero-defect level and low production cost.
- Provides hands-on maintenance and engineering support to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Drives the identification, documentation, and completion of all preventative maintenance tasks.
- Works closely with the production department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for team members.
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of tool drawings and design concepts in accordance with the engineering, maintenance, and quality assurance functions.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and production equipment.
- Utilizes lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish plant goals.
- Minimum three years of overall assembly/manufacturing experience in a process engineering/maintenance role with an emphasis on continuous process improvement. Hands-on experience is a major plus.
- Have a good understanding of continuous process production equipment.
- Have strong mechanical aptitude; excellent root cause analysis skills.
- Proven problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement and change management activities.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.