MEP Executive I
Innovation, a collaborative customer, process improvement, and the ability to implement lessons learned on your next build. It's what our data center roles offer our team members day in and day out. We're building hyperscale data center campuses and leveraging a program-focused approach. That means our team members meet the demand of complex, MEP-heavy data centers while also growing their careers on these builds. And that demand shows no sign of slowing down.
The data center market demand is on track to increase almost 22% every year through 2026. That demand has put an unbelievable opportunity in front of technology providers--and the construction companies who build these data centers.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced MEP Executive to Provide overall direction and leadership on a dominant Mission Critical/Data Center project to include managing the commissioning process from level 1(Cx) through level 5(Cx), experience turning over a fully commissioned data center to our customer and management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in establishing and maintaining successful customer and/or community relationships
- Direct and manage the commissioning process (level 1 through level 5) on the project inclusive of the startup plan, COT, commissioning schedule and functional testing
- Performs job inspections to ensure specifications and expectations are met and work is completed in a quality and timely manner.
- Conduct key customer service visits throughout the project, from pre-construction client surveys to close-out, ensuring that you are sticking to project commitments and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
- Participates in factory witness testing
Provide oversight and accountability for large project(s)
- Handle contract administration including, but not limited to: terms, change requests, invoices and progress payments, etc.
- Oversee budget and make selections for trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Oversee 3D coordination process to resolve conflict prior to installations
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over and training
- Maintain project budgets, costs, and pricing, ensuring delivery of a profitable project.
Provide leadership to project team
- Review work of Senior Project Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) assigned to projects
- Mentor and lead team members, establishing and fostering team environment
- Develop team members for future career consideration and training opportunities
Other duties as assigned
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision-making to assure project success
How will you succeed?
- Minimum 12 years’ experience overseeing MEP scopes preferably with a mechanical or electrical contractor
- Data Center/Mission Critical experience required
- Ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level.
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent field experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.