MEP Project Manager
Innovation, a collaborative customer, process improvement, and the ability to implement lessons learned on your next build. It's what our data center roles offer our team members day in and day out. We're building hyperscale data center campuses and leveraging a program-focused approach. That means our team members meet the demand of complex, MEP-heavy data centers while also growing their careers on these builds. And that demand shows no sign of slowing down.
The data center market demand is on track to increase almost 22% every year through 2026. That demand has put an unbelievable opportunity in front of technology providers--and the construction companies who build these data centers.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced MEP Project Manager to provide overall direction and leadership on a Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) dominant project or for MEP scopes of work on medium to large projects. Your duties may include the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team. You will also develop and improve customer relationships by providing excellent service. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Supervise the overall financial health of mission critical projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Figure out cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
Handle subcontracts and suppliers
- Oversee budget for and make selections of trade partners and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
- Supervise the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to installation
- Direct and handle the commissioning process on the project inclusive of the start up plan, COT, commissioning schedule, and functional testing
- Lead all activities required in the project closeout inclusive of operations and maintenance manuals, model turn over, and training
Lead Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide ongoing feedback of work performance
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner and/or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
Handle change orders
- Decide when to submit to the owner or on-site representatives
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
How will you succeed?
- Demonstrate ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for complex projects
- Data Center / mission critical experience required
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Minimum seven years construction management experience, preferably experience with a Mechanical or Electrical Contractor
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field experience
Additional project locations - UT and IA.
This position can be based in any region but there's a high level of travel to specific project locations.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.