MEP Superintendent II
Innovation, a collaborative customer, process improvement, and the ability to implement lessons learned on your next build. It's what our data center roles offer our team members day in and day out. We're building hyperscale data center campuses and leveraging a program-focused approach. That means our team members meet the demand of complex, MEP-heavy data centers while also growing their careers on these builds. And that demand shows no sign of slowing down.
The data center market demand is on track to increase almost 22% every year through 2026. That demand has put an unbelievable opportunity in front of technology providers--and the construction companies who build these data centers.
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced MEP Superintendent with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues and opportunities as they arise; along with the capability to creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions. The Superintendent will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a particular area of discipline. Develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service.
Meet electrical superintendent Sheldon Lincoln on our solar team
Read what it's like to be an electrical superintendent on the solar team. Sheldon's a mentor and teacher at heart. Find out what makes Mortenson, and his role, a perfect fit.Meet sheldon ⟶
What will you be doing:
Planning and implementation to ensure all materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Review and understand contract documents
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, resolving discrepancies
- Participate in the development and management of a project schedule to include three and six week look ahead schedules
- Develop a site logistics plan
- Manage the utilization of Mortenson tools and equipment
- Collaborate with project partner superintendents
Coaching, supervisory, and development responsibilities
- Conduct on-site project orientations
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Supervise project partners, craft foremen, and crews
- Interview, hire, transfer, and if needed terminate craft team members
- Coach and mentor assistant superintendents, craft team members, and other project team members
- Ensure proper task coding of work hours on time cards
- Manage and track work progress and craft productivity
- Manage craft team member training, ensuring they are current prior to starting task
- Conduct career development discussions with foremen and craft team members
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Provide high level management of safety, quality, risk, and compliance for the project and team members
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures
Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
How will you succeed?
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural, Mechanical, and/or Electrical Engineering or 10 years trade experience
- Minimum 10 years construction experience with two of those years having supervisory experience, preferably with a Mechanical or Electrical Contractor
- Data Center experience preferred
- Current driver’s license
Additional project locations - IL and UT.
The ability to travel to project locations on an as need basis is required for this position.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.