Senior Project Manager - Mission Critical
Innovation, a collaborative customer, process improvement, and the ability to implement lessons learned on your next build. It's what our data center roles offer our team members day in and day out. We're building hyperscale data center campuses and leveraging a program-focused approach. That means our team members meet the demand of complex, MEP-heavy data centers while also growing their careers on these builds. And that demand shows no sign of slowing down.
The data center market demand is on track to increase almost 22% every year through 2026. That demand has put an unbelievable opportunity in front of technology providers--and the construction companies who build these data centers.
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to provide overall leadership direction to one large data center project or multiple data center projects to include the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team. You will develop and improve customer relationships by providing excellent service. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Supervise the overall financial health of data center projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
Handle subcontracts and suppliers for the data center project
- Handle the budget and make selections of subcontractors and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
Lead Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide training
- Review work performance; figure out rewards and/or performance management measures
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
Handle change orders
- Decide when to submit to the owner or on-site representative
- Obtain the customer and/or architect’s approval
Other duties as assigned including
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision-making to assure project success
- Responsible for dispute resolution
How will you succeed?
- Minimum eight years of construction management or related experience
- Mission Critical / Data Center experience preferred
- Ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
This position can be based in any region but there's a high level of travel to specific project locations.
Additional project locations - IL and IA.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.