Senior Scheduler I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Scheduling Engineer with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Senior Scheduling Engineer will provide oversight of all planning and scheduling activities.
Provide oversight of all planning and scheduling activities
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, and direct planning and scheduling activities
- Ensure that corporate planning and schedule stands are implemented and that all project related activities comply
Provide oversight and supervision of scheduling team
- Coach, mentor, and train field personnel, forepersons, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Ensure crews have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions if needed
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Implement Mortenson’s Zero Injury Safety Program at project site
- Manage open shop and union issues
Other duties as assigned
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Manage site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listening skills
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Minimum seven years construction scheduling or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer registration or advanced degree desired
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.