Senior Superintendent I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise? Do you possess the capability to problem solve and create viable solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Superintendent to provide coordination of project work site activities and supervision of on-site work teams for multiple data center projects or a large, complex data center project. Demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills is vital as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. To be successful, you should demonstrate the ability to be flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
Meet electrical superintendent Sheldon Lincoln on our solar team
Read what it's like to be an electrical superintendent on the solar team. Sheldon's a mentor and teacher at heart. Find out what makes Mortenson, and his role, a perfect fit.Meet sheldon ⟶
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical to performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Overall management of construction activities and task assignments
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule
- Work with Project Manager(s) to budget, forecast, and manage craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables, and general working environment
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Create, review and update project schedule and three week look ahead scheduling
- Coordinate plans and specifications with engineers, identifying and clarifying any discrepancies
- Develop and implement site utilization plan and establish crew sizes
- Select formwork systems and equipment
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
Oversight of work crews
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, foremen, and assistant superintendents
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Ensure crews have resources and support
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identity hiring needs and participate in hiring, performance management, and dismissal decisions
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Implement Mortenson’s Zero Injury Safety Program at project site
- Handle open shop and union issues
Other duties as assigned
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Lead site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
How will you succeed?
- Minimum 15 years of construction experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Mission critical / data center experience preferred
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or 10 years trade experience
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.