PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the preparation, handling, and supplying of materials to be used by other crafts.
The base compensation range for this role is $17-$23 per hour. Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual’s knowledge, skill and experience with consideration given to internal equity.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles – Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What’s Possible – in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson’s values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
KEY RESULT AREAS (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Load and unload equipment
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding (5X7X16) and staging
- Level ground for scaffolding
- Tend mortar and grout
- Lift, unload, move, set, shovel mortar and grout between wheel barrows and buckets
- General cleanup and clearing of debris, including sweeping, cleaning, washing, and unloading or burning debris
- Place, push, pull and shovel concrete
- Vibrate concrete
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with tools and equipment such as, power and non-powered hand tools, vibrators, pumps, drills and jackhammers, forklifts, skid loaders and power buggy’s
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail orientation
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequency codes: (A) Always, (F) Frequently, (O) Occasionally, (N) Never
A - See (naturally or corrected)
A - Hear (naturally or corrected)
A - Traverse construction site daily
A - Balance
A - Manual dexterity
A - Arm steadiness
A - Dirt
F - Heat/Cold
F - Excessive noise
A - Dust
F - Grease/Oil
O - Vibration
F - Heights
F - Confined spaces
O - Sitting
A - Standing
A - Walking
A - Crouching/Stooping
A - Kneeling/Squatting
F - Climbing
A - Repetitive hand/arm/leg movements
F - Lifting/Carrying Up to 50lbs
F - Lifting/Carrying 50lbs +
F - Pushing/Pulling Up to 50lbs
F - Pushing/Pulling 50lbs +
F - Reaching (high or low)
*Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling over 50 lbs will be done with assistance of another team member or equipment.
This position description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change without notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two-year apprenticeship may be required
- Experience in construction preferred
Mortenson provides a comprehensive benefit program to team members and their families to support their health, build long term financial security and provide the opportunity for work and life balance.
- Benefits offered to non-union craft team members include:
- Paid time off, paid holidays, short term disability
- Medical, Pharmacy, vision
- Life insurance
- Retirement 401k
- EAP and mental health resources
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.