Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson Development, Inc. (MDI) is seeking a Development Analyst to be based in the headquarters office in Minneapolis, MN, and reporting to the MDI Capital Markets Manager. Primary responsibilities will entail working closely with MDI’s seven regional development offices on a wide range of new development and acquisition opportunities across several asset classes from inception to exit, or operations.
The Development Analyst will play a key role that will interface with developers, capital markets, legal and the MDI executive team. Specific duties will include financial modeling, valuations, underwriting, creation of offering memoranda (debt and equity), asset management, market research and capital raising.
What will you be doing?
- Provide underwriting and feasibility support across multiple property types, including medical office, multifamily, hotel, industrial, mission critical and land asset classes
- Prepare information memoranda and associated materials for distribution to potential investors and lenders
- Support overall due diligence process, including legal and asset management, from pre-development through completion/disposition
- Develop and implement financial models to support credit analysis across multiple asset types
- Conduct analytical work and market research that supports the financing strategies of development opportunities
- Support the MDI team to identify areas where processes and procedures can be applied to improve communication and efficiency
- Proficient analytical skills, including the demonstrated ability to perform financial modeling using Microsoft Excel
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Underwriting ability, including understanding of property valuation utilizing discounted cash flow methodology, submarket fundamental forecasting, market comparable analysis and capital markets
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop and cultivate long-term, mutually beneficial relationships
- Strong people skills with high integrity and a collaborative approach
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, work independently and manage change effectively
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Motivated to learn, grow and develop
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate, finance or related field
- Minimum one-two years of work experience in real estate finance & development
- Experience in the structuring and documentation of transactions
- Experience with transactions, underwriting and due diligence
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.