Business Development Manager - Services / O and M
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you love building relationships and delivering excellent customer service?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for our Energy Services Group to partner with business unit market leaders in developing and supporting positioning strategies with existing and potential customers to win project work. All of your work should be performed with initiative, productivity, and a positive attitude. Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills are vital as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. You should also display the ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a significant amount of integrity and confidentiality.
What will you be doing?
Lead the positioning activities of the business development team for our Energy Services Group with an emphasis on Solar O & M
- Participate in strategic business planning; developing strategic positioning plan for company and project pursuits to win work
- Develop and produce internal and external communications, marketing/branding/advertising materials and presentations
- Coordinate prequalification efforts with targeted customers and partners
- Initiate customer feedback on proposals and presentations
- Function as the liaison between business development, pre-construction, and marketing
- Provide insight into market sectors; perform market trends analysis
Establish and cultivate strategic business partnerships and customer relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential partners including, but not limited to targeted customers, design professionals, partner companies, community leaders, utilities, equipment manufacturers, and engineering firms
- Identify new market sector opportunities and potential future customers and convert them to contacts for market sector leaders
- Familiarize yourself with customer’s project estimates to facilitate discussion with customer
- Complete Request for Proposals with 100% accuracy and compliance with the owner’s specifications
Play an integral role with the development team
- Take work direction, utilize training, and complete performance reviews
- Use appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision- making to assure project success
How will you succeed?
- Demonstrate customer relationship building skills, with developed local/regional business knowledge and relationships in preferable the solar O & M services or related industry
- O & M and solar experience preferred
- Ability to present to small and large groups of leaders and potential partners
- Display knowledge and execution of successful marketing strategies
- Detail orientation sufficient for data entry, reporting, financial projections for sales and selections, and market analysis
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent CRM web application skills
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Interpret and communicate Mortenson policies effectively
- Minimum five years prior industry-related business development experience
- Current driver’s license
- Travel of up to 50% of time may be necessary to fulfill the objectives of the position
- Minneapolis, MN or San Antonio, TX offices preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction Management, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer