Services Technician - Traveling
Are you ready to join a team that is focused on safety and quality? Do you want to be part of one of the top growing industries in the country?
Mortenson Energy Services (MES) has the job for you! MES has 4 target areas of expertise; Wind Power, Solar, Energy Storage, and High Voltage Transmission. Presently we are actively pursuing motivated individuals who possess a high level of integrity and exceptional work ethic.
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” 38 times regionally over the past decade.
Benefits include: Competitive wages, Life Insurance, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance, Paid Time Off; Optional acquired following initial employment period; Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Additional Life Insurance
Technician will provide specialized support to onsite leadership in day to day operations.
- Attention to detail and safety focused
- Electrical OR Mechanical aptitude
- Travel up to 100% of the time
- Away from home for up to 6 weeks
- Responsibility for own transportation to and from work required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Self-motivated with high level of integrity
- Work at heights (over 250’)
- Potential to work rotating shifts
- Prolong standing / and working in ergonomically challenging positions
- Varied climates based upon locations
- Physically fit for climbing and lifting operations
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Proficient in English based upon supporting EHS internal and external requirements
- Skill and experience will determine Competency Level prior to hiring
Field roles and responsibilities:
- Complete repairs at the direction of the crew lead and other experienced technicians
- Understand and interpret electrical schematic drawings at a basic level
- Travel to remote locations throughout the USA
- Support lifting operations of equipment at heights over 250’
- Operate under properly performed LOTO conditions
- Conduct daily safety and task planning discussions
- Interact with vendors and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to recognize potential issues and provide safe solutions