Electrical Executive I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an Electrical Executive responsible for providing technical leadership, knowledge and expertise throughout the entire process of the project. Starting from front-end theory and design to estimation, procurement and completion of construction of the project.
What will you be doing?
- Ability to define, plan, develop, and drive execution of the plant testing and commissioning program, in accordance with the project scope, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Able to efficiently resolve complex technical issues through the plant testing and commissioning program development and execution phase.
- Primary interface with customer and numerous internal / external stakeholders to lead all testing and commissioning activities for solar, storage, high voltage / renewable power plants. Ability to drive and organize multiple stakeholders to successfully commission renewable plants.
- Provide oversight and leadership to each of the Renewable Operating Group's technical personnel, who provide guidance and project support to Business Development, Preconstruction Services, Operations, Procurement and Construction activities
- Provide guidance through technical assessment of operational modifications and enhancement activities, helping to coordinate and identify possible solutions for projects
- Review project proposals with Project Managers, Preconstruction Managers, or other Project Executives to advise on project schedules, limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, and allotment of available resources to different phases of a project
- Provide technical/engineering electrical support for projects in development or construction. Prepare electrical design criteria, the technical aspect of contract documents, and drawings and specifications with third parties, including the owner’s engineers
- Work closely with Project Managers, Design Phase Managers and Project Engineers to assess problems requiring technical solutions and develops procedures and specifications to implement them
- Direct involvement in negotiations with contractors to resolve technical and commercial issues during contract negotiations; and subsequently provides project support and advice during the construction, start-up and turnover phases
- Provide technical electrical support for Business Development activities for proposed new facilities
- Provide technical electrical support for electrical projects including development of technical scope and design, cost estimates and schedule requirements, negotiation of major electrical equipment and procurement, engineering services and contracts, construction contracts, EPC contracts, and supports our customers with their power purchase and interconnection agreements during development of projects
- Assist preconstruction teams in reviewing bid packages, schedules, engineering drawings to ensure compliance to RFP requirements
- Assist project teams in reviewing engineering drawings and specifications to ensure compliance to contract requirements for proper operation and that adequate provisions have been made for testing and other pre-commissioning functions
- Provide continuing lead technical assistance to the Project Management team during the construction of assigned projects and works closely with supplier/vendor service engineers engaged in the manufacture, testing, delivery, commissioning and troubleshooting activities
- Provide shop inspection and expediting of suppliers/vendors work. Provide guidance, review and coordination of equipment/facility performance test procedures developed by suppliers, vendors and contractors
- Ensure project electrical engineering activities follow company requirements and support overall construction budget and schedule. Prepare internal reports and updates required by senior management and project management
- Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies. Review industry performance, analyzes industry trends, and maintains industry contacts
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
How will you succeed?
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in medium voltage electrical design or construction management
- Professional engineering license preferred
- An understanding of Bid2Win and MC2 estimating software preferred
- Previous experience leading or managing a team of engineers
- Provide leadership to other team members in the department by displaying resourcefulness, self-starting work habits, and creativity in problem solving based on information and judgment
- Ability to work with minimum assistance and supervision is required
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels across the organization
- Superior customer service skills
- Fluency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Possess traits that are consistent with Mortenson’s values of trust, teamwork, safety, service, stewardship, and responsibility
- Knowledge of fundamentals of contracts
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.