Electrical Superintendent I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise? Can you creatively problem solve and bring together viable solutions? Are you looking to develop and enhance customer relationships by providing excellent service?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent with Battery Storage experience on our Energy Storage & Solutions team with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, enthusiastic, and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. As a superintendent, you will be responsible for providing coordination, planning, and supervision to assistant superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a particular area of discipline.
The base compensation range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000 (The actual range is higher for the following office locations: Denver, CO and Chicago, IL – 5%, Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR – 10%, Washington, D.C. – 12.5%) This position is eligible for a potential annual bonus.]
Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual’s knowledge, skill, and experience with consideration given to internal equity.
Traveling SUPT Role
Locations: MN, AZ, TX, CA, OK, Midwest, CO
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Planning and implementation to ensure all materials, equipment, and inspections support the project schedule
- Review construction documents for completeness and constructability
- Review and understand contract documents
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, resolving discrepancies
- Participate in the development and management of a project schedule to include three and six-week look-ahead schedules
- Develop a site logistics plan
- Lead the utilization of Mortenson tools and equipment
- Collaborate with project partner superintendents
Coaching, supervisory, and development responsibilities
- Conduct on-site project orientations
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
- Supervise project partners, craft foreman, and crews
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of Assistant Superintendent(s), General Foremen, and Foremen
- Interview, hire, transfer, and if needed terminate craft team members
- Ensure proper task coding of work hours on timecards
- Manage and track work progress and craft productivity
- Manage craft team member training, ensuring they are current prior to starting the task
- Conduct career development discussions with foremen and craft team members
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Provide high-level management of safety, quality, risk, and compliance for the project and team members
- Recognize and mitigate unfavorable working conditions
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and procedures
- Minimum eight years of construction experience with two of those years having supervisory experience
- Experience with large utility projects preferred
- Utilities and Energy Storage industry experience and knowledge preferred
- Experience in the inverter, and DC battery technology preferred but not required
- Current driver’s license
- Shown ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and lead multiple project tasks
- Possess a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office skills at an intermediate level
- Shown positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or Construction Management, or 10 years of trade experience
Mortenson provides a comprehensive benefits program to team members and their families to support their health, build long-term financial security and provide the opportunity for work and life balance.
Benefits offered to non-craft, non-union, full-time team members include:
- Medical and prescription drug plans – a choice between two affordable HSA-eligible medical plans that include vision coverage, expert medical second opinion, tobacco cessation program, and fertility benefits
- Dental plan
- 401k retirement plan with generous matching and profit-sharing contributions
- Paid time off, holidays, bereavement, parental leave, and other paid leaves
- Life, AD&D, business travel accident, and disability insurance
- Employee assistance program and online mental health tool and concierge
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Gym Membership Discount Program
- Identity Theft Protection
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer