Construction Project Accounting Intern
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Project Accounting Intern to assist the Project Accounting team of our Data Center division in ownership of project profitability on large scale construction projects for the summer of 2023.
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have strong drive, attention to detail, and a passion for corporate accounting? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? Learn from the best with a tremendous learning opportunity with our great team. Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- Assisting the Project Accountant with preparing backup to support monthly billings
- Assisting Project Accountant with developing monthly equipment spreadsheets
- Gaining a basic understanding of subcontracts and their payment applications and how they are entered and processed
- Exposure to AIA billing processes
- Gaining an understanding of different types of projects (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, GMP) and how each relates to project costs, forecasts and billings
- Learning about project contracts and what information is gained from them
- Supporting the Project Team with coding forms, check requests, subcontractor payments, miscellaneous administrative tasks, etc.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with an internship with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Have demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Have demonstrated tenacious analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 within major coursework
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week, full-time (40 hours/week) internship with our team this summer 2023. This internship is based in DeKalb, IL. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.