Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
As our Financial Planning & Analysis Intern, you will provide administrative and analytical support to the Financial Planning & Analysis team, assisting in providing strategic insight and operational support to maximize business and financial performance. Highlights of your important work with this team will include:
- Supporting our team with the development and/or enhancement of analysis, reports, and dashboards for our internal customers
- Assisting in developing any required documentation and associated training to ensure the integrity and successful use of implemented dashboards and other data visualization solutions
- Assisting in assembling out internal financial schedules that are directly reviewed by members of the Senior Leadership team
- Helping with various analysis that will give you exposure to general and construction industry financial concepts
- Collaborating with other Interns at Mortenson on an Intern Project
- Assistance with ad hoc projects as assigned
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Possess strong research and data analysis ability
- Have acute attention to detail
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have practical experience in the field of data visualization
- Have experience in Power BI or a similar visualization tool
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a planned 12-week, in-person internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2022. The internship position is out of our Minneapolis headquarters office. This internship is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Proof of Vaccination:
Mortenson is a federal contractor covered by the President’s Executive Order regarding COVID Safety Protocols, which requires certain employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability is approved. In addition, many of Mortenson’s other customers have also implemented vaccination requirements to access their facilities and project sites. As a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your start date or have an approved accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or disability. Information about providing your vaccination record or requesting an accommodation will be sent to you via email upon offer acceptance.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.