Graphic Design Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002.
Mortenson’s Strategic Marketing Team is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and eager individual to fill the role of Graphic Design Intern. The intern will work to build out the Mortenson.com digital asset library and create designs for a variety of digital platforms, including developing social media graphics and content for Mortenson.com, designing email marketing templates, and designing online ads. The Graphic Design Intern will collaborate with other team members, such as developers, content creators, and talent acquisition teams. You'll support the Digital Team by gaining an understanding of Mortenson’s services, offerings, teams, audiences, and customers and translating those needs into on-brand designs and templates.
Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- Building off existing social media templates to expand our library of assets
- Assisting in the creation of visually stunning designs for digital platforms
- Collaborating with the design team and other teams to develop concepts and execute designs
- Maintaining brand consistency across all digital channels in your work
- Utilizing graphic design software to create graphics, logos, and layouts
- Research and implementation of current design trends and techniques
- Creating fun and sharable images, gifs, and various motion graphics content
We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Graphic Design or related field with expected graduation date of December 2023 or May 2024
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa, or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have a demonstrated passion for graphic design and desire to expand your skills
- Can produce a solid portfolio of previous design work
- Have familiarity with graphic design software and tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, etc.) and Sketch
- Possess strong attention to detail and knowledge of aesthetics, basic design principles, digital standards, and ability to apply brand guidelines
- Have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Possess strong experience with Microsoft Office
- Possess advanced computer skills and strong familiarity with the web
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous internship experience or relevant work experience
- Have knowledge of video and/or animation software
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2023. The internship is based at our Minneapolis headquarters office. The position is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.