Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40+ times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?
Mortenson is seeking an Innovation Intern to work closely with the i4 Innovation Team on a range of exciting opportunities. In this role, you will be key in supporting the advancement of innovative initiatives from concept to full scale application within our business. You will be responsible for the development of preliminary evaluation tools including research presentations, schedules, and estimates for construction process changes, technology development, process automation, and custom tools. Key result areas of your work will include:
- Partnering with internal and external agents to help design, manufacture and test assigned innovative product, process or systems
- Creating detailed research presentations comparing the current process, technology and tools against potential innovative solutions for various assigned topics
- Developing schedules and estimates to iteratively evaluate the investment necessary for implementation
- Partnering with internal customers and external vendors to help create accurate execution plans
- Assisting in quantifying and communicating results
- Openly communicating and celebrating failures as a learning mechanism for the group
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design & Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Product Design, Automation & Robotics, Computer Coding & AI, Architecture, Data Analytics Material Science, Software Development or comparable field; must be currently enrolled
- Possess excellent problem-identification and problem-solving skills
- Have strong communication, listening, and follow-up skills
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Have basic to intermediate understanding of construction and engineering principles
- Have a strong aptitude for Microsoft Office and other web applications
- You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have experience (by studies or work experience) in Computer Coding, Construction Materials, Robotics and Automation, Industrial Manufacturing or Data Analytics
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Have prior internship experience
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This is a full-time (approximately 40 hours/week) opportunity the summer of 2024. The internship is based out of our Minneapolis headquarters office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.