Senior Risk Management Claim Specialist
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson’s Risk Management Team is looking to add a Senior Claims Analyst. This individual will be responsible for effective management of insurance claims consistent with Mortenson’s policies and procedures, collection and management of claim related data, and communication of claim data to Risk Management Department leadership. Focus on builder’s risk / property claims, auto liability, general liability third-party bodily injury and property damage.
What you will be doing:
Claim Management and Procedures:
- Follow procedures to guide and instruct Mortenson team members by resolving non-workers’ compensation claims.
- Review Intelex daily to identify new claims or risk transfer opportunities.
- Report new claims to the various insurance markets to meet insurance policy reporting guidelines.
- Communicate Mortenson claim process to insurance company representatives and ensure coordination with project teams.
- Support document production for insurance company requests including the support of litigation and discovery responses.
- Ability to review and comprehend insurance policies and construction contracts.
Data Integrity and Management:
- Ensure data integrity for claim fields within RMIS database
- Serve as a backup to Claim Specialist for claim reporting.
- Identify claim trends and work with other Business Service groups to correct concerns.
- Document and communicate key claim dates including trials, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
Participate in quarterly claim reviews with Operating Groups and Mortenson’s TPA.
Limited travel to job sites to assist insurance representatives with loss investigations.
Other duties or special projects as assigned
How you will succeed:
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Well organized and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office 365 and RMIS systems
- Effective communication, active listening, and strong investigative skills
- Positive and professional attitude including strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Investigation and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication including active listening skills
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of related insurance or risk management claim experience
- Construction-related business knowledge helpful, but not required
- Insurance industry designations (CPCU, ARM, AIS, etc.) preferred, but not necessary
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Mortenson by the numbers
11 offices + field
Our approach to leadership and culture
Our founder Mort Mortenson believed that we were all born to be leaders; that leadership wasn't something that just happened to us but was something within us.
Returning candidate? Log back in.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Community to connect with us.
Mortenson EEO Policy - English | Spanish
Know Your Rights - English | Spanish