Change Management Lead
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to lead change, communicate effectively in an ever changing environment, and develop high-quality change managment solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Change Management Lead for all business-related or project-driven change management leadership and execution in three primary areas of change: Planning and Alignment, Communication, and Training. Strong communication skills a must as you will be working with a wide variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality are vital to your success in this role.
What you will be doing:
Planning and Alignment:
- Under the direction of business leaders or project sponsors, develop and execute an overall change management strategy based on stated objectives
- Evaluate stakeholder readiness, change impacts, desired results, potential resistance and performance gaps to facilitate change from 'current state' to 'desired state'
- Develop or guide the development of creative and high-quality change management solutions with high impact results; lead efforts to execute change management strategy and plan
- Lead and support leadership alignment and stakeholder engagement activities, including those for leadership, project team and sponsors
- Provide regular reporting on change management efforts and associated leader alignment throughout lifecycle of the business change or project
- Mentor and develop relevant team members and subject matter experts (SMEs) on change management best practices
- Anticipate organizational changes that come with business change and implementations - and the change management and communications interventions needed
- Be a visible advocate for the agreed upon change management strategies and principles
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Evaluate and ensure end user readiness
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
Develop and manage the execution of (directly or with/through others):
- Change Impact Assessment
- Stakeholder Assessment
- Change Readiness Assessment
- Leadership Alignment Program
- Change Network
- Training Plan
- Communications Plan
- Workplans/Implementation plans for all the above
- In partnership with Internal Communications and external resource (if assigned), manage the design, development, delivery and management of communications including newsletters, emails, web content, presentations, etc.
- Build a change management and communications approach that involves and engages those impacted by the change and ensuring an appropriate sponsorship from leadership
- Identify, develop and lead a network of internal change champions (Change Network)
End User Training/Adoption:
- Drive adoption and training initiatives that support business change or project success (delivering on time, on budget and with quality standards)
- Oversee assessment of end user training needs in partnership with relevant team and SMEs
- Manage the development and execution of training materials and facilitation in partnership with the Learning & Development Team and external resource, if assigned
- Support training though appropriate communication and engagement
How you will succeed:
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- A solid understanding of how individuals go through a change and the change process
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with and through all levels of the organization
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts; ability to manage the change required to enable the successful deployment and adoption of systems, both in person and virtually
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and to coach and influence others to move to a common goal or vision
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of a project lifecycle
- Change management certification or designation desired
- 5-8 years of experience preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.