Field / Operation Engineering Intern (Includes Safety, PreCon, Estimating and Integrated Construction) – Fall 2022
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Our internships grow your skillset with opportunities of focus in a variety of areas including: field operations and management, scheduling, estimating, safety, and electrical, mechanical/electrical/pluming, and quality management.
Learn from the best. Potential job functions based on internship type may include:
- Championing Mortenson's zero injury safety requirements
- Completing construction change orders
- Handling shop drawings, submittals, and the request for information (RFI) processes
- Assisting with purchase orders and subcontractor agreements
- Partnering in construction sequencing and schedule maintenance
- Collaborating with team in preconstruction and pre-installation meetings
- Assisting with subcontractor coordination meetings and correspondence
- Utilizing industry-leading technology and software to assist in construction processes
- Supporting preparation and evaluation of bid packages
- Consulting with subcontractors and material suppliers
- Handling material procurement
- Participating in architect and owner interaction
Get ready to go places and jump-start your career through our distinguished national internship program. You may have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following areas/industries:
- Chicago Office
- Civil Group
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Energy Storage Group
- Federal Contracting Group
- Milwaukee Office
- Minneapolis Office
- Phoenix Office
- Portland Office
- Power Distribution Group
- Seattle Office
- Solar and Emerging Renewables Group
- Sports and Entertainment Group
- Wind Energy Group
- Washington D.C. Office
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. Mortenson internships are available year-round; however, this opportunity is for the fall (September – December) 2022. Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Construction Management, Construction, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Safety Management.
- Are willing to be mobile/relocate
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Are comfortable with exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and a trailer office environment
Are you adaptable and an agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? We want to hear from you. You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related internship experience
- Ability to work 40 hours / week in a full-time capacity
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple tasks
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills and show initiative
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and solid customer service skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.