Integrated Construction Coordinator
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you detail-oriented and able to multi-task? Do you have knowledge of the construction industry?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Integrated Construction Coordinator to review, provide analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants. Excellent communication skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Demonstrating the ability to be flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality will be vital for your success. Strong planning and organization skills are critical for completing your tasks.
<!--SECTION_SPLIT-->What will you be doing?
Planning, implementing, and coordinating Virtual Design and Construction processes through appropriate technology platforms
- Including, but not limited to Mortenson BIM/VDC uses: existing conditions modeling, cost estimation, phase planning (4D), site analysis, design reviews, 3D visualization, 3D coordination, site utilization planning, construction system design, digital fabrication, 3D control planning, and record modeling
- Provide point of contact for team members on VDC processes and reports during all phases of construction
- Document work process as it relates to improving and/or changing current company process standards
Other duties as assigned
- As an integrated construction team member, you should be an active participant in Mortenson’s Integrated Delivery Advancement Team community of practice – Knowledge sharing
- You may need to complete daily work planning
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Minneapolis Office
- Milwaukee Office
- Portland Office
- Solar Group
- Sports + Entertainment Group
Get ready to join an exciting and ever-changing industry and work with best-in-class teams to deliver the highest possible quality service to our customers. It is likely and anticipated for Mortenson team members to participate on traveling project assignments throughout their careers. Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization. Depending upon the business / industry, frequent mobility may be required. We are currently seeking individuals to join us in 2023.
How will you succeed?
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field by summer 2023
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Completion of beginner or intermediate level of BIM/VDC software training
- Displaying attention to detail to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate ability to work in Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies effectively
- Previous related internship experience is a plus
- Beginner level software training
- Current driver’s license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.