Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking a Laborer Foreman to be responsible for coordinating crews, preparing, handling, and supplying materials used by other crafts. You will need high-level organization skills, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong interpersonal skills to be successful in your duties.
What will you be doing?
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to figure out work procedures
- Supervise and coordinate activities of laborers and their assigned roles
- Interpret specifications, blueprints and job orders
- Interpret and communicate company policies to workers and ensure safety regulations
- Establish and adjust work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge capacities of equipment and assigned personnel
- Study/analyze in schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job
- Analyze and resolve work problems, and make decisions based on measurable information
- Maintain time records
- May make cost estimates for contracts
- Provide work direction to Laborer I, II, Journeyman, Apprentice, and Helpers
- Work according to standard, detailed instructions and established, well-defined procedures
- Figure out alternative work methods
How will you succeed?
- Ability to work with tools, equipment, and machinery such as power and non-powered hand tools, vibrators, pumps, drills, jack hammers, forklifts, skid loaders, power buggy's, etc.
- Work effectively with international and external constituencies from dynamic and diverse backgrounds, including line and execution staff, person representing industry, corporate, government, and community based organizations
- Possess strong teamwork orientation, positive attitude, and professional customer service skills
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and staff at all levels of the organization
- Adaptive, effective communication and active listing skills
- Minimum of three years related experience preferred
- Current driver's license
- Union specific training required
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.