Project Administrative Assistant
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you able to anticipate the needs of a team before they arise? Do you want to help a team stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues? Mortenson is currently seeking a strong performer with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, enthusiastic and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality. As a Project Administrative Assistant, you are at the heart of the business operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward.
You will be handling a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks with an aptitude to work independently or with little supervision. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest software and services. You also use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects.
What will you be doing?
Organization and flexibility are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and operational clerical support to the department or staff
- Handle incoming calls and providing general information, forward calls to the appropriate party and take messages as required
- File and maintain written records along with crafting electronic copies for records
- Receive, sort and record deliveries into computer database
- Prepare daily outbound deliveries
- Prepare materials for design and construction meetings
- Record and update meeting minutes for the various site meetings
- Responsible for procurement of consumable materials and office supplies
- Support the Project Manger by tracking and reporting project related information
- Assist Superintendent and/or Project Manager with equipment inventory tracking and organization
- Support Superintendent and/or Project Manager with the entry of craft worker timecards
- Compile and report prevailing wage information
- General support for the project team as needed with various day to day tasks
- Schedule, track and log all repairs and standard maintenance for the work trucks
- Provide maps and directions to any visitors, subcontractors, deliveries or new employees
- Log all applicants into the Craft Applicant Tracking Spreadsheet
How do you succeed?
- Three years administrative experience, preferably supporting a large number of team members
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Email and Calendar systems, and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, with excellent problem solving skills, meticulous, upbeat, adept at succeeding in rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills with high degree of integrity in both written and verbal communications
- An associate’s degree in business or related administrative experience preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.