Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently hiring a Sourcing Manager to be responsible for identifying and managing short and long-term sourcing strategies, contracts, and developing relationships for the Power Solutions and Battery Storage Operating Group. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
Develop Strategic Sourcing Strategies for the Power Solutions and Battery Storage Group.
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders across the business to capture priorities, requirements and specifications
- Assess opportunity for materials including spend segmentation, cost drivers, and supply market analysis
- Develop Sourcing Strategies for relevant commodities utilizing sourcing levers, forecasts, resources, and expected benefits
- Adapt strategies as business, market, and economic environments change
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews including updated projects financials, metrics, strategies, and countermeasures
Handle Relationships with Key Suppliers
- Negotiate Master Supply Agreements with key suppliers
- Maintain relationship with suppliers at the Leadership level
- Conduct supplier business reviews
- Monitor supplier’s quality and delivery performance
- Leverage relationship to assist the business with expedites as needed
Achieve Material Cost Reductions for Assigned Materials
- Responsible for defining negotiation strategies including supplier profiles, defining switching costs, and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Analyze market drivers affecting assigned materials, component availability, material makeup, supply and demand.
- Responsible for forecasting, reporting, mitigating, and recovery of material pricing inflation
Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
Other duties as assigned
How you will succeed:
- Strong strategic thinking, business acumen, and negotiations skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either business or technical field
- Minimum five years’ experience strategically managing material spend
- Knowledge of construction processes and materials
- Experience presenting in front of Senior Leadership
- This position requires the following with or without an accommodation; sitting, seeing, hearing, and utilization of a computer and office equipment. The working environment consists of indoor and climate-controlled settings.
- This position description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change without notice.