Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
What you will be doing:
Claim Management and Procedures
- Follow procedures to guide and instruct Mortenson team members by resolving non-workers’ compensation claims.
- Review Event Management daily to identify new claims or risk transfer opportunities.
- Report new claims to the various insurance markets to meet insurance policy reporting guidelines.
- Communicate Mortenson claim process to insurance company representatives and ensure coordination with project teams.
- Support document production for insurance company requests including the support of litigation and discovery responses.
- Ability to review and comprehend insurance policies and construction contracts.
Data Integrity and Management
- Ensure data integrity for claim fields within RMIS database.
- Serve as a backup to Claim Specialist for claim reporting.
- Identify claim trends and work with other Business Service groups to correct concerns.
- Document and communicate key claim dates including trials, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
Participate in quarterly claim reviews with Operating Groups and Mortenson’s TPA
Limited travel to job sites to assist insurance representatives with loss investigations (5%).
Other duties or special projects as assigned
How you will succeed:
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Well organized and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office 365 and RMIS systems
- Effective communication, active listening, and strong investigative skills
- Positive and professional attitude including strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Investigation and negotiation skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication including active listening skills
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of related insurance or risk management claim experience or relevant work experience
- Construction-related business knowledge helpful, but not required
- Insurance industry designations (CPCU, ARM, AIS, etc.) preferred, but not required
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.