ACE Intern - Milwaukee
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
At Mortenson, we know the va lue and importance of building the next generation of diverse leaders in our industry. That’s why our ACE internship program is committed to providing you with hands-on experience, working and networking with industry leaders in both field and office environments. You’ll walk away from your internship experience with a new appreciation for how innovative and exciting a career in the Construction Industry can be. We’re confident you’ll be proud of your experience with Mortenson!
Do you want to make a difference? Are you eager to learn? Willing to work hard?
Mortenson’s ACE Internship is more than just a summer job. It’s a comprehensive internship experience offering you valuable real world work insights. Join Mortenson’s team and experience what a career in construction could look like for you! Mortenson is currently seeking an ACE Intern for our Milwaukee office. Mortenson ACE Interns will have the opportunity to experience life on and off the construction project site with experience in the field as well as the office. Through an eight-week rotation, your internship is designed to offer you exposure to numerous field experiences at various exciting projects as well as several office-based disciplines such as Virtual Design & Construction, Safety, Estimating, Project Accounting, Lean and others. You will work closely with an on-site mentor and shadow people in several different roles and functions.
- Field and office experience
- Build relationships and network with industry experts
- Eight-week internship starting in mid-June
- 30-40 hours a week
- Eligible for a $2,000 annual scholarship
- Competitive hourly rate
- Consideration for future college internships
Are you ready? Eligible candidates:
- Must be a current ACE program participant considering a career in Construction, Engineering or Architecture
- Must be 16 years of age by the beginning of the internship
- Interested in pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Construction Management, Construction or Civil Engineering, Architectural & Electrical Engineering as well as Safety, Health and Environmental degrees
- Able to interact with a variety of staff at all levels and with a high degree of professionalism
- Effectively able to plan and organize and successfully manage multiple tasks
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Able to handle exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and in a trailer office environment
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Successfully able to demonstrate a proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.