Integrated Construction Coordinator Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Our internships grow your skillset with opportunities of focus in a variety of areas including: field operations and management, scheduling, estimating, safety, and electrical, mechanical/electrical/pluming, and quality management.
Planning, implementing, and coordinating Virtual Design and Construction processes through appropriate technology platforms
Including, but not limited to Mortenson BIM/VDC uses: existing conditions modeling, cost estimation, phase planning (4D), site analysis, design reviews, 3D visualization, 3D coordination, site utilization planning, construction system design, digital fabrication, 3D control planning, and record modeling
Provide point of contact for team members on VDC processes and reports during all phases of construction
Document work process as it relates to improving and/or changing current company process standards
Other duties as assigned
As an integrated construction team member, you should be an active participant in Mortenson’s Integrated Delivery Advancement Team community of practice – Knowledge sharing
You may need to complete daily work planning
Get ready to go places and jump-start your career through our distinguished national internship program. You may have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following areas/industries:
- Chicago Office
- Civil Group
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Energy Storage Group
- Federal Contracting Group
- Milwaukee Office
- Minneapolis Office
- Nashville Office
- Phoenix Office
- Portland Office
- Power Distribution Group
- Seattle Office
- Solar and Emerging Renewables Group
- Sports and Entertainment Group
- Wind Energy Group
- Washington D.C. Office
- Salt Lake City Office
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. Mortenson internships are available year-round, including fall (September – December), spring (January – May) and summer (May – August) of 2024. Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization.
How will you succeed?
- Previous Mortenson internship experience
- Possess an Associate’s or Bachelor's degree Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field by summer 2024
- Completion of beginner or intermediate level of BIM/VDC software training
- Displaying attention to detail to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate ability to work in Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies effectively
- Previous related internship experience is a plus
- Beginner level software training
- Current driver’s license
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.