Electrical Engineering Intern - Summer 2024
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Our internships grow your skillset with opportunities of focus in a variety of areas.
Learn from the best. Potential job functions based on internship type may include:
- Assist with the overall electrical scope on one of the following: Power, Solar, Energy Storage or Data Center projects
- Assist with determining best layout of collection system, considering project constraints
- Handling shop drawings, submittals, and the request for information (RFI) processes
- Assisting with purchase orders and subcontractor agreements
- Collaborating with team in preconstruction and pre-installation meetings
- Utilizing industry-leading technology and software to assist in construction processes
- Supporting preparation and evaluation of bid packages
- Consulting with subcontractors and material suppliers
- Handling material procurement
Get ready to go places and jump-start your career through our distinguished national internship program. You will have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following areas/industries:
- Data Center Group
- Energy Storage Group
- Engineering Services (Design) Group
- Power Distribution Group
- Solar and Emerging Renewables Group
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. Mortenson internships are available year-round, however, this opportunity is for the summer 2024 (May – August). Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Electrical Engineering
- Are willing to be mobile/relocate
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Are comfortable with exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and a trailer office environment
Are you adaptable and an agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? We want to hear from you. You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related internship experience
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple tasks
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills and show initiative
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and solid customer service skills
The hourly wage for college Interns starts at $19.50. Students in their sophomore year of college, or more, are paid higher wages based on their year in school.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. H-1B lottery registration submission and completion of the STEM OPT I-983 training plan are considered sponsorship.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.