Financial Reporting and Accounting Operations Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Reporting & Accounting Operations Intern to assist the teams with core accounting tasks for the summer of 2024. Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- Assisting the team in performing monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Gaining an understanding of the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Performing data analysis
- Preparing support for annual audit procedures
- Supporting the team with ad hoc requests
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and an inquisitive spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Accounting
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Possess strong research and data analysis ability
- Have acute attention to detail
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2024. The internship position is out of our Minneapolis headquarters office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. H-1B lottery registration submission and completion of the STEM OPT I-983 training plan are considered sponsorship.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.