Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?!
As our Financial Planning & Analysis Intern, you will provide administrative and analytical support to the Financial Planning & Analysis team, assisting in providing strategic insight and operational support at an enterprise-level to maximize business performance. Highlights of your important work with this team will include:
- Supporting our Corporate FP&A team with the development and/or enhancement of analysis, reports, and dashboards for our internal customers
- Assisting in developing any required documentation and associated training to ensure the integrity and successful use of implemented dashboards and other data visualization solutions
- Helping to assemble internal financial schedules that are directly reviewed by members of the Senior Leadership team
- Performing various analyses that will give you exposure to general and construction industry financial concepts
- Collaborating with other Finance interns on an internal project
- Assistance with ad hoc projects as assigned
Are you an adaptable and agile learner? Do you have big ideas and an inquisitive spirit? We want to hear from you. Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently enrolled and pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Finance, Accounting, or Data Analytics
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Demonstrate effective communication (written and oral) and active listening skills
- Possess strong research and data analysis ability
- Have acute attention to detail
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 within major coursework.
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2024. The internship position is in person and based in our Minneapolis headquarters office.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. H-1B lottery registration submission and completion of the STEM OPT I-983 training plan are considered sponsorship.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.