Supply Chain Intern
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002
… What are you waiting for?!
The Supply Chain Management team is the resource for all Mortenson operating group material needs. We strategically source all consumables materials for project teams, which are managed by a team of buyers. This encompasses material not installed on the job sites, such as PPE, tape, tools, etc. In our Energy & Infrastructure operating groups that self-perform all work, we have supply chain teams comprised of sourcing managers leading a team of buyers to source all material that is installed on the projects.
In addition, our affiliated material distribution entity, BLU54, identifies product lines with opportunity for improvement from a budget and schedule standpoint. We collaborate with the design team to optimize the materials for each project and supply to either Mortenson or the selected subcontractor on Mortenson projects.
Highlights of your time with this Mortenson internship will include:
- Learning about materials typically purchased by team of buyers and purchasing agents
- Creating and maintaining catalogs for each operating group
- Standardizing material descriptions and categories and implementing changes
- Assisting in purchase transactions
- Tracking order status from time of placing order until delivery and communicating status to project teams
- Entering purchase orders and maintaining contact with suppliers to ensure delivery of material on a timely basis
- Visiting job sites or equipment facilities to better understand materials and organizational structure
- Working with Supply Chain Analyst and team of buyers throughout internship
We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field
- Have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Demonstrate strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Have proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively manage multiple tasks
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2024. The internship is based at our Minneapolis headquarters office. The position is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.