Product Solutions Intern-BLU54
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service, and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson is honored to receive 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002
… What are you waiting for?!
BLU54 is a material distribution business that partners with Mortenson teams to transform the supply chain of construction through innovative material selection and supply approaches. BLU54 engages on Mortenson projects as a strategic design-assist partner early in design and carries the partnership through to supplying our selected materials. We are proud of our industry-leading expertise within our team in the areas of lighting, flooring, tile, doors & hardware, steel, windows, bathroom accessories and, of course supply chain, and more.
Highlights of your time with this Mortenson internship will include:
- Learning about BLU54 product lines utilized on Mortenson projects across operating groups and building types
- Standardizing and implementing process documents within product lines
- Gaining knowledge of construction drawing format and progression
- Participating in design meetings with construction and design teams
- Leveraging estimating tools to perform high level material takeoffs
- Exposure to an array of software from design assist to project delivery
- Introduction to supplier relations
- Coordinating project deliverables from purchase order through project closeout
- Experience with project financials and change order management
- Visiting job sites or equipment facilities to better understand materials and organizational structure
We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in a design, construction, supply chain, or related field
- Have experience in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Demonstrate strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Have proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively manage multiple tasks
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. This opportunity is full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer of 2024. The internship is based at our Minneapolis headquarters office. The position is not relocation-assistance eligible.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.