ACE Extern - Seattle
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service. Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
At Mortenson, we know the value and importance of building the next generation of diverse leaders in our industry. That’s why our ACE externship program is committed to providing you with hands-on experience, working and networking with industry leaders in both field and office environments. You’ll walk away from your externship experience with a new appreciation for how innovative and exciting a career in the Construction Industry can be. We’re confident you’ll be proud of your experience with Mortenson!
Do you want to make a difference? Are you eager to learn? Willing to work hard?
Mortenson’s ACE Externship is more than just a summer job. It’s a comprehensive externship experience offering you valuable real world work insights. Join Mortenson’s team and experience what a career in construction could look like for you! Mortenson is currently seeking an ACE Extern for our Seattle office. Mortenson ACE Externs will have the opportunity to experience life on and off the construction project site with experience in the field as well as the office. Through an eight-week rotation, your Externship is designed to offer you exposure to numerous field experiences at various exciting projects as well as several office-based disciplines such as Virtual Design & Construction, Safety, Estimating, Project Accounting, Lean and others. You will work closely with an on-site mentor and shadow people in several different roles and functions.
- Field and office experience
- Build relationships and network with industry experts
- Eight-week externship starting in mid-June
- 30-40 hours a week
- Eligible for a $2,000 annual scholarship
- Competitive hourly rate
- Consideration for future college externships
Are you ready? Eligible candidates:
- Must be a current ACE program participant considering a career in Construction, Engineering or Architecture
- Must be 16 years of age by the beginning of the externship
- Interested in pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Construction Management, Construction or Civil Engineering, Architectural & Electrical Engineering as well as Safety, Health and Environmental degrees
- Able to interact with a variety of staff at all levels and with a high degree of professionalism
- Effectively able to plan and organize and successfully manage multiple tasks
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Able to handle exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and in a trailer office environment
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Successfully able to demonstrate a proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Mortenson by the numbers
11 offices + field
Our approach to leadership and culture
Our founder Mort Mortenson believed that we were all born to be leaders; that leadership wasn't something that just happened to us but was something within us.
Returning candidate? Log back in.
Not the right fit? Join our Talent Community to connect with us.
Mortenson EEO Policy - English | Spanish
Know Your Rights - English | Spanish