Estimator II - Solar
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service. Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is seeking an experienced, detailed, results oriented Estimator II to join the solar team! The Estimator will gather, calculate, and compile data in order to produce solar project estimates; for smaller projects, this position will also prepare the full estimate.
What will you be doing?
- Create solar utility project estimates
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of materials proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Solicit trade partners and obtain their bid estimates, and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other schedule-driven items
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software programs(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Participate as a project team member
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they enter the department
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and gather necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- Provide training to other estimators and interns
How will you succeed?
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent field experience
- Minimum three years plus construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations
- Experience estimating solar utility projects with self-perform work
- Current driver’s license
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Familiarity with building and estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer