General Laborers - Fighting Jay Solar Project
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
Mortenson is the 2019 Top Overall Solar Contractor as well as #1 Utility Contractor and #1 EPC!
Mortenson has contributed an impressive 3.7+ GW of solar installations since inception!
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you like working with your hands? Are you a problem solver? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment when you work with a team to build a finished product? Then, join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build!
What will you be doing?
Solar general labor tasks that include:
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Responsible for the preparation, handling and supplying of materials to be used by other crafts
- Solar panel install
- Racking assembly
- Torque tube assembly
- Pile layout
- General cleanup and clearing of debris
- All other duties as assigned
How do you succeed?
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with others and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Possess basic understanding of construction hand tools
- Positive professional attitude
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Ability to adapt to change
- Punctual and dependable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with tools and equipment such as, power and non-powered hand tools, vibrators, pumps, drills and jackhammers, forklifts, skid loaders and power buggy’s
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Detail orientation
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to divers input and feedback
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Construction experience preferred
- Essential Physical Requirements (see below):
This position description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change without notice.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.