Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Are you customer-focused, organized, and detail oriented?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Clerk to handle a wide range of administrative and executive support tasks. For this role, you will be working independently or with little supervision. Positive communication and problem-solving skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Demonstrating the ability to be flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital for success in your role.
What will you be doing?
Provide Administrative Support
- Perform clerical tasks and operate basic office equipment
- Take incoming calls, answer general information inquiries, and forward to appropriate staff
- File and maintain written and electronic documentation and correspondence
- Prepare materials for design and construction meetings; record meeting minutes
- Support Superintendent with equipment inventory, tracking and organizing, and time card data entry for all craft workers
- Receive, sort, and log all incoming deliveries; prepare all outbound deliveries
- Ensure procurement of office supplies and consumable materials
- Schedule, track, and record repairs and standard maintenance for the work trucks
- Provide maps and directions for visitors to the site; including subcontractors, new employees, and delivery personnel
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Other duties as assigned
How will you succeed?
- Demonstrate strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Show detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks
- Display proficiency in Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Minimum two years of construction office support experience
- Current driver’s license
Must be physically capable of reviewing a jobsite multiple times daily. Must be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, drive, utilize computer and office equipment for long periods at a time.
- The working environments consist of exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, outdoor weather, as well as indoor and climate-controlled settings.
- Local hire preferred
- Associates degree in business or related administrative field strongly desired
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.