Project Engineer I
Review, analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants.
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles – Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What’s Possible – in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson’s values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer I for our Solar Team with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Project Engineer will review, provide analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants.
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Implement three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do
not conform to contract agreements
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval
Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers,
Issue submittal requirement letters that outline packaging and processing requirements
Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of field engineers
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
- Minimum of two years related construction experience
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
VISA Sponsorship is not offered for this position.