Project Executive - Solar Group
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 40 plus times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Project Executive who is responsible for
providing overall management for large utility solar projects, leading the project team and ensuring key and successful customer relations, as well as assist operating group with winning work. This individual will have the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Establish and maintain successful customer relationships
- Conduct key customer service visits throughout the project, from pre-construction client surveys to close-out, ensuring project commitments are met, and issues are resolved
- Preview proposals before submission and participate in Request for Proposal process
- Act as primary customer contact for all assigned projects
- Maintain customer relationships to be aware of current and future projects
- Support business development initiatives in establishing and building on client relationships
Provide oversight and accountability for large solar utility project(s)
- Manage contract administration including, but not limited to: terms, change requests, invoices and progress payments, etc
- Establish and implement project objective and procedures
- Maintain project budgets, costs, and pricing, ensuring delivery of a profitable project.
Provide leadership to project team
- Review work of Senior Project Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) assigned to projects
- Mentor and manage team members, establishing and fostering team environment
- Develop team members for future career consideration and training opportunities
Other duties as assigned
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision making to assure project success
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in construction management overseeing large industrial projects ($50M+) with electrical emphasis
- Minimum 10 plus years electrical experience as Electrical Engineer or Electrician
- Solar experience preferred
- Proven ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for multiple, complex industrial projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level.
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusive Behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Ability to travel 50-75%
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer