Solar Laborer Foreman
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Supervisor responsible for coordinating crews, preparing, handling, and supplying materials for project teams. You will plan, organize and direct foreman and craft team members based on the project schedule as well as state and federal requirements. You should possess a high-level of organization skills, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication skills to be successful in your duties.
What will you be doing?
- Provide shift supervision for the assembly/manufacturing team members
- Lead production team members with an intense focus on safety and quality while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as internal company policies
- Develop work instructions and cross-training plans
- Provide on-the-job training and lead by example
- Drive continuous improvement of plant key performance indicators(Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Cost)
- Adjust schedules and workload balance as required by the operation
- Monitor supply inventory levels, and coordinate with others when reordering is necessary
- Utilize lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish production goals
- Take ownership of functions and be responsible for the facility
How will you succeed?
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, prioritize, and successfully lead other team members
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (electrical and/or mechanical)
- Minimum of 4 years or more experience in leading teams
- Ability to make decisions with little or no support
- Experience with operational excellence tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, and 5S
- Display strong problem solving and organization skills
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Ability to effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- OSHA-10, forklift, and first-aid safety certifications are a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A technical degree is a plus
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.