Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Scheduling Engineer to perform non-routine planning and scheduling assignments that require the selection and application of scheduling principles and techniques. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
What will you be doing?
- Support supervision through the preparation, monitoring, and updating of area schedules; and assisting site management to formulate action plans to correct scheduling problems
- Draft and computerize schedule network diagrams, monitoring and eliminating potential problems
How will you succeed?
- Minimum two years construction scheduling experience; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in P6
- Construction operations experience strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of diversified schedule engineering systems, principles and practices
- Possess creativity, and mature discernment to anticipate and solve unprecedented problems
- Ability to work in a multi-functional, collaborative, team-based environment
- Display excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek creative solutions
- Ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or relevant field
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.