Senior Project Manager - Sports Group
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise? Are you capable of problem solving and generating creative solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to provide overall leadership direction to one large sports facility project or multiple sports facility projects to include the management of project quality, timeliness, safety, as well as mentoring the project team. You will develop and improve customer relationships by providing excellent service. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Supervise the overall financial health of projects
- Develop and maintain project financial projections and equipment projections
- Determine and allocate project estimate into financial system
- Determine cost codes, approve invoices, and make necessary budget management decisions
- Provide financials and billings to Accounting for timely payment
- Create monthly owner billings
Handle subcontracts and suppliers for the project
- Handle the budget and make selections of subcontractors and suppliers
- Handle billings and contract management, including contract buyouts
Lead Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s)
- Provide job assignments and lead career development
- Approve time cards for on-site team members
- Provide training
- Review work performance; figure out rewards and/or performance management measures
Function as the main point of contact with the owner and on-site representative
- Assist with the review of the owner agreement
- Resolve site concerns for the owner or representative
- Provide frequent interactions and service to build positive relationships and future work opportunities
Handle change orders
- Decide when to submit to the owner or on-site representative
- Obtain the customer and/or architect’s approval
Other duties as assigned including
- Maintain schedule and budget until project completion
- Provide high level management of quality, risk, safety, and compliance for the project and team members
- Use the appropriate level of forethought and planning in decision-making to assure project success
- Responsible for dispute resolution
How will you succeed?
- Minimum eight years of construction management or related experience
- Experience building large comlex projects, including sports facilities (i.e., arena's, stadiums etc.)
- Ability to assist with all responsibilities for complex projects
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
100% travel and/or relocation available. Opportunities may be in Sacramento, Boston, Pawtucket, Tampa, Phoenix, etc.
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.