HQ Estimating Intern - Part-Time (Minneapolis)
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Join the team committed to crafting inspiring spaces and developing new ways to build. Mortenson is seeking dynamic and motivated individuals with the ability to work well with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, inventive, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Responsibilities may include:
Learn from the best. Highlights of your work with Mortenson will include:
- Championing Mortenson's zero injury safety requirements
- Assisting with purchase orders and subcontractor agreements
- Partnering in construction sequencing and schedule maintenance
- Collaborating with team in preconstruction and pre-installation meetings
- Utilizing industry-leading technology and software to assist in construction processes
- Supporting preparation and evaluation of bid packages
- Consulting with subcontractors and material suppliers
- Participating in architect and owner interaction
Project Assignment: Minneapolis, MN - Headquarters
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. Mortenson internships are available year-round, however this opportunity will run part-time from January - May with potential to extend into the summer.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, two or four-year degree in Construction Management, Construction, or other related degree.
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Possess a current driver’s license
Are you adaptable and an agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? We want to hear from you. You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related estimating internship experience
- Currently enrolled at Dunwoody College of Technology
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple tasks
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills and show initiative
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and solid customer service skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.