Senior Electrical Estimator I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Estimator to provide leadership, coordination, and final preparation of full estimates on large and complex work projects. Excellent communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain flexible, inventive, dedicated and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality will be vital to your success.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, outstanding customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which may include:
Lead team members
- Responsible for the direction, training, mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of estimators.
Lead estimating efforts on difficult projects
- Provide conceptual electrical estimates, detailed estimates, detailed self-perform work electrical estimates and cost models
- Organize, research, and strategically plan for electrical estimate preparation, pricing, scheduling, and final submission to the customer
- Choose electrical subcontractors to include in bidding process
- Figure out pricing for the final electrical estimate
- Provide work assignments to the estimating team and ensure accurate estimating information provided is incorporated into final estimate
- Includes, but not limited to: quantity surveys and cost estimates, subcontractor proposals, research on tax laws, collective bargaining agreements, permits, etc
- Write and submit Request for Information
Maintain regular interface and open communication
- Interface regularly with team members, owners, architects, and engineers to ensure complete understanding of the project scope
- Ensure that team members, including subcontractors, understand initial project requirements and ongoing updates to those requirements
Other duties, as assigned including
- Research and analyze historical project data for application to current project
- Assist in selecting building systems
- Help select software programs to utilize
- Assist in project scheduling
How will you succeed?
- 6 years construction electrical estimating experience
- Organized and detailed with ability to fulfill all responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Applicable mathematical skills
- Proficient with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth
- Current driver’s license
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- LEED AP, DBIA professional, preferred
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.