The TechTerns program is a year-long real-life learning lab for Milwaukee Bradley Tech High School students. In partnership with Milwaukee Public Schools and numerous area organizations, students work alongside professionals to explore different career pathways.
TechTerns work with classroom-based teachers at school, and various industry professionals at the construction site. Classroom instruction, industry mentor involvement, and regular visits to the project sites combine to provide students a unique opportunity to:
- Explore various career pathways: architecture; engineering; construction management; trades including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems; interior design; facility operations; among many others.
- Interact with the building’s owner, design, and construction teams
- Learn how a construction project is planned and executed – from experts who perform the work
- Perform hands-on design and construction activities
- See how the project progresses in person
- Gain on-the-job problem-solving skills
- Relate work-based learning to other classes including math and science
- Build professional skills, networking, and confidence
Learn more about the TechTerns programs on some of our projects below.
TechTerns at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin CFAC
TechTerns at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Integrated Procedural Platform
Milwaukee Bucks Arena
TechTerns at Wisconsin Sports and Entertainment Center